Decent Espresso
Page 14 of 116 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Decent espresso

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)

I think it's a really exciting machine. I can't speak for anybody else but I'd never dream of trying to rip off the software and I'm quite likely to buy the mid-range machine - maybe not straightaway but at some point. I think it looks really interesting, appreciate you taking the time responding to people and of course this is only a very specific set of people's opinions. I think you should keep heart similarly to MrBoots points.

I'm already very annoyed I can't make it to the lever day as I'm on holiday and going away the day before. I'd prefer it if you therefore also didn't go along. OK? :-)
    Everything my heart could desire (more or less). . .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)

If the only difference between version 1 and 2 is software, then would it be possible to sell the base model, and offer the software upgrade over 6 or 12 months? You are recovering your cost of production in model one, and opening up version 2 to those who might want it but not be able to pay in one fell swoop? I have no idea on how this might work....presumably if someone entered into an agreement with you and stopped paying after a few months, there would be a simple way you could disable the 'upgrade'?
     Don't pull my leg, pull my lever 

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jlarkin View Post
    I think it's a really exciting machine

I'm already very annoyed I can't make it to the lever day as I'm on holiday and going away the day before. I'd prefer it if you therefore also didn't go along. OK? :-)
    i too am very excited about this and can't make the lever day. I am looking forward to everyone's opinions and if favourable then intend to purchase this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Apologies if my earlier posts seem negative - not meant to at all - just being honest about my (and only my) place in the market. My next machine will be in the price range of the DE1, and if your machine lives up to expectation, it'll almost definitely be a DE1. I'm not in the market for a $2000 machine. However - knowing the nature of upgraditis... I suspect I could talk myself into a $250 tweak down the line... and maybe again year later etc.

I actually love the thought of the 'great tinkerer's' and rock-star baristas creating their perfect profiles - and being able to share them (by email/forum/website?) with those who have a DE1+

Please let us know where you're going to be on the grand tour...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

I guess subscription service would be great. It would fight against piracy issue and it is painless way to try out new features while allowing to spread the cost out if you find them valuable.

I pay just under a tenner a month for Lightroom and Photoshop. While I don't use them that often, I am happy to support Adobe and not feel bad about stealing from the company. Been using Photoshop for over a decade now and will probably keep using for next two.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I want one for sure! ( Go Decent Espresso )

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

The pro is the most interesting machine (in my eyes) since the Vesuvius. Auto-recognition of puck saturation and realtime manipulation of flow rate feel like they should reveal some real improvements in shot quality and consistency.

I also have no issue with software-based functionality over hardware-based provided it's durable. (I do like the build quality of my Vesuvius.) it costs plenty of cash to develop and test software; it also opens the route to more functionality in future without having to replace your hardware.

I think software control is the way everything is going. Just as car makers are becoming software manufacturers. Tesla leads the pack but even my Volvo XC90 is tablet controlled and web connected.

Best of luck. It has the potential to disrupt the home user marketplace.
    Espresso: Ceado E92 (modified for single dose); Vesuvius; VST baskets and refractometer.
    Other: Aeropress, Sowden and Alessi Moka Pot; Mazzer Robur doser with Auber timer; Mazzer Mini E; Expobar Leva Dual Boiler

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lefteye View Post
    i too am very excited about this and can't make the lever day. I am looking forward to everyone's opinions and if favourable then intend to purchase this.
    I'll be in London for a week, so that'll be another place to try it out. Or, of course, you can just read about people's experiences here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by decent_espresso View Post
    I'll be in London for a week, so that'll be another place to try it out. Or, of course, you can just read about people's experiences here.
    wish I could make it down for some hands on but I'll trust the guys here. I know on HB you were talking orders, delivery times and they were asking about priority ordering. Any chance of people not able to try it ordering to get at the top of the queue??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lefteye View Post
    wish I could make it down for some hands on but I'll trust the guys here. I know on HB you were talking orders, delivery times and they were asking about priority ordering. Any chance of people not able to try it ordering to get at the top of the queue??
    On Home Barista, I started a conversation about what we should do if we have a bug backlog of orders, and people have to wait to get our machines (since they're hand built and we can make about 10 a day). One idea I had was to let people "jump the queue" if they paid more, but that didn't go down well. What do you guys think?
    Last edited by decent_espresso; 23-07-16 at 05:18.