CoffeeHit
Page 116 of 217 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166216 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 2167

Thread: Decent espresso

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rytopa View Post
    Hey John, any updates on the timeline for shipping? I understand parts are slowly streaming in, any major parts which are getting delayed which would prevent the assembly of the machine?
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreugv View Post
    I have a doubt right now John. For those of us who preordered a Final release version, we are looking at February-March as well?
    There's only going to be a delay if you're a US customer, receiving the 110V beta, and if there's any, it'll be on the order of weeks, not months.

We were told recently that the main mixing chamber (with 4 valves) has been delayed to December 9th, but with all vendors, dates are always approximate (it could be sooner or later than that).

At any rate, for the 220V world, there shouldn't be any ship date changes, as the limiting factor is Intertek safety certification. Later this week, our 220V machine is going to them for a 2 week pre-test. If we pass that, we'll then need to deliver 12 "final" machines to them (in December) for destructive testing.
    Last edited by decent_espresso; 20-11-17 at 08:21.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by decent_espresso View Post
    At any rate, for the 220V world, there shouldn't be any ship date changes, as the limiting factor is Intertek safety certification. Later this week, our 220V machine is going to them for a 2 week pre-test. If we pass that, we'll then need to deliver 12 "final" machines to them (in December) for destructive testing.
    Is Intertek also doing your 110v certification? Is that on the same schedule as the 220v testing?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by roastini View Post
    Is Intertek also doing your 110v certification? Is that on the same schedule as the 220v testing?
    Yes, they're on the same schedule, but whilst the EU prohibits non-CE devices from being used in the EU, the US is more lax, and allows non-UL certified equipment to be used in the USA.

Thus, for the early access machine orders, we can ship all the 110V machines we make to the USA.

For EU (that includes the UK for now) we can ship 220V "early access" machines to people who self-describe themselves as "qualified technicians" and the machine will be marked as "not for consumer use". As machines are made, we'll contact 220V "early access" purchasers to see if they qualify and they'll need to sign a piece of paper saying so to receive the not-yet-Intertek CE certified machine.

The "release version" machines in both 110V and 220V will be made simultaneously. In the end, we opted to add the extra CE mandated double safety features into the 110V machine, as the increased safety is a good thing and the increased parts cost is offset by the decreased complexity here in assembly (the only difference now between UL/CE machines is different PCB, Heaters, Pumps and fuses, for 220V). As we wait for Intertek, we will nonetheless be assembling machines, with the assumption that any Intertek failures will be relatively minor and fixes applied later. This is also why we're making only 300 machines now, in case that assumption is wrong.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

For EU (that includes the UK for now) we can ship 220V "early access" machines...
    Does that mean after 2019 you’ll be building and shipping clockwork machines to the UK since France owns most of Britain’s electricity infrastructure?
    Espresso: Ceado E92 (modified for single dose); Vesuvius; VST baskets and refractometer.
    Other: Aeropress, Sowden and Alessi Moka Pot; Mazzer Robur doser with Auber timer; Mazzer Mini E; Expobar Leva Dual Boiler

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Obnic View Post
    Does that mean after 2019 you’ll be building and shipping clockwork machines to the UK since France owns most of Britain’s electricity infrastructure?
    For gods sake, we will just go back to steam....not clockwork.
    ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: Just loads of stuff I forget I have.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Obnic View Post
    Gasoline powered!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Gasoline powered!
    Gas option is only available on the DE1CAFE.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Default Recreating your God Shots

This new feature helps you save everything about your best espressos so that you can try to keep making them as good as that amazing one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Default New: "one-tap mode"

Because the DE1+ interface has tabs, it's always taken two taps to start a function. For example, tap the "STEAM" tab, then tap "START".

On classic espresso machines, there is a dedicated button the machine, and so you only need to touch one thing to start a feature. That's much faster for a production setting, such as a café.

Today, I added a "one-tap mode" option.

If you turn this on, now when you tap a tab in the DE1+ GUI, that feature starts automatically. No more two-taps to start something, it's now one tap.

This is an optional feature, because it's not how "tabbed user interfaces" usually work, and might take a few minutes for you to get used to.

However, I think this is going to be a popular feature for cafés that use our machines, as well as for most people, once they become experts with making drinks on their DE1+.

You might also notice a new "stress test" option at beginning of the attached movie. This causes the feature you enable to repeat forever until you tap the STOP button for it. We're going to use this feature to "burn in" our espresso machines before shipping them to clients. However, I left this feature in the GUI in case you might find it a useful option.
    Last edited by decent_espresso; 25-11-17 at 05:48.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

... However, I left this feature in the GUI in case you might find it a useful option.
    I am really glad this made it into the DE1+ My wife is getting better at handling iPad apps but my fear was that all of the screens in the DE1+ would mean zero usage by her. "I just want a shot of espresso."

With this addition she's eager to use the machine.

Page 116 of 217 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166216 ... LastLast