Horsham Coffee Roasters
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Made By Knock Feldgrind: Manual, Tips & Tricks, Modifications...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Hopefully joining the club tomorrow :-)
    Ambient Vesuvius, Probat EK43 & Feldgind

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Arrived this morning and I'm very impressed. I can't believe I managed to get one in time for my holiday especially having missed out on @coffeechap Hausgrind. I just chucked 12g or April Colombian through at 1.8 from the LSOL subscription I had left. The grind consistency looked great and although I've probably only used the Aeropress a handful of times, used tap water and just did about a 1.5 minute steep it tasted lovely and sweet. I just need to decide on a decent recipe to start with now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Feldgrind O-rings

Quote Originally Posted by calculon View Post
    Does anyone know a good source for the 'o' rings that go between the two halves of a Feldgrind? The lower one in the picture from post#30 on this thread has split on mine. (The upper one was never there!) I tried emailing MBK a few weeks ago as it was still in the warranty period but etc. etc.
    After some trial and error I think I have now got the right size. It may be slightly tighter than the original, but not much. I've bought a few, so if anyone else needs one drop me a PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Where do you get the clips to hold the handle from?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

After waiting a few weeks for Prima Coffee (I'm in the US) to get them back in stock, I'll finally be receiving my Feldgrind tomorrow! Thank you Ppapa for creating this thread, as I'm sure it will be a valuable resource as I learn to use the new grinder.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dan1502 View Post
    Where do you get the clips to hold the handle from?
    You can use Porlex small, handle holder from Has Bean.
    “Coffee evokes the most insane reactions in people”, Rene Redzepi.

https://markwjburness.wordpress.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

What grind setting would you recommend for a drip style cold brew (using the Aeropress and water bottle method)?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My Feldgrind came in yesterday, and I wanted to document the unboxing of this beautiful grinder. I didn't expect it to come with written instructions and an extra set of o-rings, so those were pleasant surprises!

Link to unboxing album. Can't wait to experiment with it this weekend!
    Kalita Wave 155 | Yasukiyo Wooden Dripper | Knock Feldgrind | Baratza Encore | Hario Buono

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What do you all use to carry the Feldgrind on the go? Is there a product out there that can be used as a padded casing? Ideally I'd like it to be foamy and form fitting (something like a beer koozie comes to mind).

Also, I'm scared that if I place the handle in the rubber grip, the direct contact against the metal handle would scuff the black coloring of the grinder. Is this a valid concern?
    Kalita Wave 155 | Yasukiyo Wooden Dripper | Knock Feldgrind | Baratza Encore | Hario Buono

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by c00ller View Post
    What do you all use to carry the Feldgrind on the go? Is there a product out there that can be used as a padded casing? Ideally I'd like it to be foamy and form fitting (something like a beer koozie comes to mind).

Also, I'm scared that if I place the handle in the rubber grip, the direct contact against the metal handle would scuff the black coloring of the grinder. Is this a valid concern?
    I use a foamy/netted bag from an outdoor headlamp
    Yes it is very easy to scratch the body like that, I have the porlex rubber band with a loop, fits perfectly
    Last edited by Stanic; 1 Week Ago at 10:13. Reason: grammar
    Portaspresso Rossa PG Air alu, Rancilio Silvia v4 w/meCoffee PID, Kinu M68, Feldgrind, Graef 802, IMS shower, IMS and VST baskets, IMS and Barista Hustle tampers, OE Ipanema, Hario Syphon TC3, Java Maestro dripper, Chemex, Aeropress, French press, Gnali & Zani moka pot, Bonavita digital kettle & scales, Brita