Cloggs Coffee Roasters
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627

Thread: Made By Knock Feldgrind: Manual, Tips & Tricks, Modifications...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

After just a week of use my grounds collector has a pretty crazy buildup of coffee dust/chaff that sticks to the inner walls hard despite some intense knocking with my knuckles. The instruction manual says, "Occasional wiping with a barely damp cloth is all that is needed for the outer body of the grinder." Is that to imply that very wet (i.e., running water) will be harmful for it? I can't image a material like this being so sensitive, but I wanted to be sure. I know I can get a brush, but I do want to do a thorough cleaning (with soap) of the bottom piece to rid the surface of all oils once in a while. I emailed Knock to inquire but did not get a reply (as was expected).
    Kalita Wave 155 | Yasukiyo Wooden Dripper | Knock Feldgrind | Baratza Encore | Hario Buono

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by c00ller View Post
    After just a week of use my grounds collector has a pretty crazy buildup of coffee dust/chaff that sticks to the inner walls hard despite some intense knocking with my knuckles. The instruction manual says, "Occasional wiping with a barely damp cloth is all that is needed for the outer body of the grinder." Is that to imply that very wet (i.e., running water) will be harmful for it? I can't image a material like this being so sensitive, but I wanted to be sure. I know I can get a brush, but I do want to do a thorough cleaning (with soap) of the bottom piece to rid the surface of all oils once in a while. I emailed Knock to inquire but did not get a reply (as was expected).
    I clean my container with brush and dry cloth, works fine for me
    Portaspresso Rossa PG Air alu, Rancilio Silvia v4 w/meCoffee PID, Kinu M68, Feldgrind, Graef 802, IMS shower, IMS and VST baskets, IMS and Barista Hustle tampers, OE Ipanema, Hario Syphon TC3, Java Maestro dripper, Chemex, Aeropress, French press, Gnali & Zani moka pot, Bonavita digital kettle & scales, Brita