Coffee Sensor
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233

Thread: MeCoffee PID kit for Silvia - first thoughts

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GaryM View Post
    It looks like a voltage regulator. Unlikely to be fixable without the manufacturer engaging.
    Thanks GaryM,

I've pretty much given up on the manufacturer ever engaging, after two unanswered emails sent quite a while ago... Perhaps someone has a better way to get in touch with them, other than the "contact" form on their website.
    In the meanwhile, would you happen to have a fresh board from which I could read the fine print on that chip, so I can know for certain if I can fix it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi, no I don't have a MeCoffee. I was interested at one time, but the lack of reliability and support put me off. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

After Jan has recently disclosed on this blog post his struggle to keep the meCoffee project alive, he uploaded new meBarista versions, stating on v7.beta36:
    meBarista whats new.jpg
    Jan talked since long time about releasing the meBarista code as open source, the great moment might be close, finally.
    Gaggia Classic with meCoffee firmware V4, meBarista v4.beta22, Honne Home, Kinu M47, Bezzera BZ09, ito controller

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

the last paragraph of his latest blog is promising - fortunately
    "I have been working on meCoffee full time again for some weeks now and will restore operations like shipping, support and warranties on September 11th, 2018."
    The peculiarity of espresso beverage is the simultaneous presence of three dispersed phases coexisting within a matrix, namely a concentrated solution of salts, acids, sugars, caffeine and many other hydrophilic substances. These phases are: an emulsion of oil droplets, a suspension of solid particles and an effervescence of gas bubbles, which evolves into a foam.
    MildredM's towels, joey24dirt's tamper, Portaspresso Rossa PG Air and HC-P, Kinu M68, Feldgrind, Aergrind, Bellman steamer, IMS baskets, Hario Syphon TC3, Java Maestro dripper, Chemex, French press, Gnali & Zani moka pot, Bonavita kettle & scales, BWT Bestmax Premium

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I bought one of the new batch and we shall see how it goes...