Thread: London's Best of the Best?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rr243 View Post
    City: Taylor Street (New St branch), Association, Modern Society
    SW London: Milk Teeth, Saucer & Cup, Brickwood, Marcus Bros
    Other: Antipode (Hammersmith)

However, this past weekend I was in Sheffield and had my first lever produced coffee (unintentionally) at Eve followed by another at Foundry Coffee Roasters and I am hooked (both use Londinium machines). Need to find similar in London
    I was wondering something similar. For all the joy that forum members get from pressure profilers and levers. I have hardly seen a cafe offering either.

Actually the best coffee I have had in the UK has been a lever produced flat white by a cart near Russel Square. Izzo Pompei with Climpson and Sons Baron blend.
    Sage Duo Temp - La Cimbali 6/S A 64mm flat burr + numerous projects: Sunbeam, Ascaso, Gaggia

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rr243 View Post
    City: Taylor Street (New St branch), Association, Modern Society
    SW London: Milk Teeth, Saucer & Cup, Brickwood, Marcus Bros
    Other: Antipode (Hammersmith)

However, this past weekend I was in Sheffield and had my first lever produced coffee (unintentionally) at Eve followed by another at Foundry Coffee Roasters and I am hooked (both use Londinium machines). Need to find similar in London
    I don't know if I was just unlucky, but the Brickwood that I tried by Clapham Common was terrible. Tasted like the beans hadn't been properly tamped, or were too coarse, really bad. With the thought of "life is too short for bad coffee" I went just next door to Black Lab and had an excellent coffee. Never went back to Brickwood again.

Will check out the other SW London one's you've mentioned. Taylor St Barista's are always a solid choice for the city, first came across them in Richmond.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Saint Espresso is the best I've had consistently on the north side between Baker Street and KX

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by izzimg View Post
    Saint Espresso is the best I've had consistently on the north side between Baker Street and KX
    Agreed, nice staff and great coffee.
    Just the other side of Kings X I recommend Frequency, Kings Cross Road.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Roslyn is my current favourite in the City. The department of coffee on Bishopsgate is consistently good, but their branch just around the corner in Spitalfields is all over the place.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Rosslyn Coffee!

If you're in the city, on the junction of Cannon St and Queen Victoria St. It's a very smart place, just a coffee shop and nothing else and always excellent service.

Also noticed last time I was in there, nominated for best new coffee shop in the world (sprudgie awards).. must admit means nothing to me but got to be worth something!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Not a coffee shop but we are at Farmers Markets in Barnes (Saturday) and Stroud Green (Sunday) where I pull shots using a Londinium L1 and Vesuvius using a lever profile so you can try lever espresso there. Using Compak E10 and Mazzer Royal plus the good old Niche for Decaf.
    Let us know your from the forum and you can pull a shot yourself. Although the Vesuvius uses a lever profile the shots are different. About 50/50 preference when I’ve given both to some of my espresso customers but they’re very close.
    Roasters : Quest M3, Gene CBR-1200 (with full power mod), Probat 5kg , Tonino Brewing : Vesuvius Steel Pipework, Londinium L1, Ponte Vecchio Lusso 2, all manual methods. Grinders : Compak E10, Mazzer Royal, Niche Zero Black, Macap MC7 Deli, OE Pharos, Hausgrind, Feldgrind

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Its been mentioned here before Redemption Roasters in Lamb Conduit St Wc1
    Whilst looking at a bag of their Peruvian beans the barista (Liv) asked if i hurry because she would config a spare grinder with their beans in a hopper.

Great tasting espresso, made on the same Compak we have at home, on their Slayer. Tried unsuccessfully to make mine at home taste as good.

When i went back the next day to buy more of the Peruvian, Liv went downstairs to find me a bag with a newer roast date on.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223