Kartiko Coffee
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: Ceado E37S Owners Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kennyboy993 View Post
    I’m getting closer to being able to purchase an e37s.

I usually make one or two cups a day though not really a fan of any any single dosing mods.

Does this grinder suffer badly with popcorning if the hopper only has maybe 2 cups worth of beans in and is it noticeable in the cup?
    NO, I have found it to be very good

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kennyboy993 View Post
    Does this grinder suffer badly with popcorning if the hopper only has maybe 2 cups worth of beans in and is it noticeable in the cup?
    I wouldn't say it popcorns particularly. The penultimate shot is usually ok, but there are signs of chaff and it runs a bit quick. The last one out before empty usually ends in the sink. I try to keep a reasonable amount in the hopper, obviously a bean runs out at some point, and the last one is usually scrap. I would not recommend this grinder for single dosing personally. I would be waiting for the Niche to come out if I was saving up for a single doser.

Caveat: I have never tried. Probably if you are single dosing you'd have the grind set a lot finer to start with. My comments relate only to trying to grind the last 18g in what was a full hopper. Maybe there's ways to make it work - I know @DavecUK has a Ceado E92 conical that he's modded for single dosing, maybe you can do similar with this?
    Rocket R58, Ceado E37S, Aeropress, AerGrind • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Thanks hotmetal - this thread already has workable single dosing mods in it I think.

I may well wait for the Niche but if it ends up autumn then is too long really
    ECM Mechanika IV Profi Rotary (plumbed in) - 18g VST ridgeless - IMS screen, LevTamp, Eureka Mignon. Aeropress and Rhinoware

Live and Let Live

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I generally use an acrylic tube and sometimes the small hopper, I never single dose and think it would be a PIA to try. Once set for bean and dose it is
    very accurate = output.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rob177palmer View Post
    Hope you were twiddling screws to grind a decaff at this time!!
    No it was "The Bloke" from Monsoon (about 8pm) fortunately it does not particularly affect my sleep

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)

Yeah, unfortunately the last shot ends up in the sink.

It wouldn’t be a problem if you can get the rest of the beans easily for brewed coffee. They are stuck between the hopper and burrs, so it’s a bit of tedious work to do so.