perc it
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ceado E37S Owners Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hotmetal View Post
    Best to run in a grinder with stale coffee beans which, if you ask a roaster nicely, they will probably send you a couple of kilos of old beans for the price of the extra postage if you are ordering some good beans at the same time. Probably.

It's ok to adjust coarser while not running, but you should avoid tightening up the grind when there are beans in the hopper and the motor isn't running because you then squish bits of bean between the burrs. This could leadto jamming and uneven stress on the burrs/bearings/motor.

For this reason, I take off the top burr and clean burrs and chamber every so often (every time I change bean plus maybe once a month ish when the hopper is empty). Then I adjust it to slightly tighter than I expect to need, drop the beans in and try to dial in going coarser. Any subsequent adjustment towards finer is made in very small increments (anyway) and always done while motor is running.
    Really helpful, thanks for the adicice.

one question when you say running, do you mean initiating a grind as you adjust or just turned on?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)

I mean with the burrs spinning, so that it doesn't demand a big heap of torque to start with beans in the burrs. So, set double to 5 seconds or whatever you need, start the grinding and try to make your adjustment before they stop.
    Rocket R58, Ceado E37S, Eureka Zenith 65E • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.4 black Ti/walnut tamper • Knock 58.35 black/walnut tamper • Big bag o' beans.

Eat, drink and be merry

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hotmetal View Post
    I mean with the burrs spinning, so that it doesn't demand a big heap of torque to start with beans in the burrs. So, set double to 5 seconds or whatever you need, start the grinding and try to make your adjustment before they stop.
    I thought that was the case, thanks for clarifying

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Joining the club, got myself a white one

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevenh View Post
    Joining the club, got myself a white one
    Have you taken delivery?

If so pictures please, never seen a white one..
    Lelit Mara PL62 / Compak K6 / Eazytamp / sweetcorn skewer / completely healthy relationship with coffee (and bank manager).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

My grinding corner

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

The hopper had to get sent in a separate box so should get that in a few more days

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I'm looking for help...

i woke up up this morning and went to use the grinder as usual however when I went to grind no coffee came out of the chute?!

I unscrewed the burrs, cleaned it out fully and tried again... nothing
    I did the same again and in addition this time adjusted it to slightly coarser.... nothing
    The burrs are going around but noting is coming out, it's as if the beans aren't being ground?!
    I tried adjusting the static flap and again no change?!
    To add I've used a paintbrush to clean the chute as well...

Does anyone have any ideas what the issue could be?

I have now had no coffee before work

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Do you hear the sound of the beans grinding? Check the exit flap as well as the scc make sure it is all clear

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

At the base of the hopper is a plastic plate that slides horizontally across the neck of the hopper. Check that it hasnt accidentally been closed. When closed it will prevent the beans dropping into the burr chamber. This did happen to me once when i moved the grinder on the bench - I must grabbed it by this part to steady the hopper and didnt realise the thing had closed!
    Espresso:Rocket Cellini Evo, La Pavoni Europiccola , Grinder: Eureka Mignon,Ceado e37s Roaster: Dalian Amazon, Behmor 1600plus