Bella Barista
Page 77 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2767737475767778798081 ... LastLast

Thread: Foundry Coffee Roasters

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

So more success this morning.

Reverted to my standard tamp, and loosened the grind a couple of notches.

Much more consistent over 4 shots. Balanced acidity and flavours and within the realms of the tasting notes.

15.5>34.5 over around 40s was nicer today. Could still loosen grind a nudge as this needed a 6-7s PI and I usually aim for 5s.

This was yesterday’s best effort:

Lighter crema today and less striping, but tasted better.

Frustrating me slightly that I know the beans have a little more to give but I don’t have the skills

I am wondering if there is something about these beans that benefits from the longer PI. Maybe could try raising the temp a little also and see what I can extract that way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)

Update time folks! We have just launched three new coffees in the webshop, 2 from Ethiopia and 1 from Guatemala. You can check out details for them all over on the website here

There's somethinig for everyone. The natural is from the family owned Kayon Mountain Farm in the Guji region. For those of you that are already missing our Guji Highland Farm, then you are going to be more than happy with this coffee, it's incredible. Huge florals and very clean for a natural. We also have a new washed Ethiopian coffee, Nano Challa which is a fantastic example of washed Ethiopian coffee - stunnig complexity and yet really well balanced so makes for exciting, accessible espresso. Completing this release is another coffee from Guatmela. Guatemala is propbably the one country that has been surprising us the most with the rane of coffee produced there. We're finding that there is no 'typical guatemalan' and thats a good thing. This one is called Joya Oscura and it's another family farm. We've placed this one in the 'Comfort' section as it has a delicious nuttiness to it that feels indulgent and velvety. Still, it's not simple coffee and there is plenty more revealed when brewing for filter, a sparkling acidity being one of it's most delightful qualities.

As you can probably tell, I'm really excited about this release! - and really cant wait to start hearing from you about how you all are finding the coffee too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    467 Post(s)

Looking forward to trying those new Ethiopia beans - and even more looking forward to the brewing class this afternoon
    L-R / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Customised Pullman Big Step, Wenge Handle Lev Tamp, Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 340ml pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme & Loveramics cups / Espazzola / Hottop / home embroidered bar towels / beans on the go from Foundry, The Barn & Square Mile / 6 gorgeous guinea pigs / a dog / a very lovely husband / a snug shepherd’s hut / and a well polished 10000 Club Badge!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    467 Post(s)

Really informative course. Thanks, Lee! Still felt we should have stayed to wash up though
    L-R / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Customised Pullman Big Step, Wenge Handle Lev Tamp, Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 340ml pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme & Loveramics cups / Espazzola / Hottop / home embroidered bar towels / beans on the go from Foundry, The Barn & Square Mile / 6 gorgeous guinea pigs / a dog / a very lovely husband / a snug shepherd’s hut / and a well polished 10000 Club Badge!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MildredM View Post

Really informative course. Thanks, Lee! Still felt we should have stayed to wash up though
    Sounds like you had a fun time. Looking at the photo, I'm guessing an aeropress may be on order soon?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    467 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashcroc View Post
    Sounds like you had a fun time. Looking at the photo, I'm guessing an aeropress may be on order soon?
    Yes! For out and about maybe. We could also cart the HG-1 with us too

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)

I must say I do get plenty of enjoyment out of my AP and Aergrind combo. For one, it's super easy/forgiving and super portable. 2, it's the only way I have to do brewed coffee, as I don't have all the special kettles etc. 3, with the PUCK PUCK I can use it as a drip tower for cold brew. 4, no more crap coffee at work.

I probably should do a brew course but Sheffield is a bit too far alas. Maybe I'll have to see if Cupper Joe fancied an AP coffee morning?

___
    Eat, drink and be merry
    Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Just received a bag of Foundry Rocko Mountain, ordered after it seemed to come so recommended on here. Only a few days roasted so probably not really ready yet but I have to say it's absolutely gorgeous.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)

Foundry's Rocko is pretty high on my list of best coffees ever (or at least, personal favourite). Avenue and Jolly Bean roasted theirs very well too. I just love the Ethiopian natural. If I wasn't on LSOL I'd just have a foundry sub and try to get as much Ethiopian natural as I could while in season. Mind you we had 2 in a row on LSOL so it's all good!

___
    Eat, drink and be merry
    Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hotmetal View Post
    Foundry's Rocko is pretty high on my list of best coffees ever (or at least, personal favourite). Avenue and Jolly Bean roasted theirs very well too. I just love the Ethiopian natural. If I wasn't on LSOL I'd just have a foundry sub and try to get as much Ethiopian natural as I could while in season. Mind you we had 2 in a row on LSOL so it's all good!

___
    Eat, drink and be merry
    You just have to try the Kayon Mountain......so good.

Page 77 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2767737475767778798081 ... LastLast