Rave Coffee Roasters
Page 85 of 85 FirstFirst ... 35758182838485

Thread: Foundry Coffee Roasters

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hangerhead View Post
    i bought the Rio Magdalena in october and also using a niche zero grinder, managed to never get a single enjoyable cup - i'd ordered 1kg and have around 1/3 of it left. i managed to get what looked like ok pours but they were always thin and sour tasting and despite playing with temp, grind settings and extration times ( and all weighed in and out using suggested 1:2.5 recipes and beyond) honestly couldn't get a single cup I really liked. might be better as an americano or a milk drink but that's not for me.

I went back to rave and got the chatswood. it's good and stable, consistent pours, proper crema and a deeper flavour and better mouthfeel than the rio.
    not sure what was wrong.

I might try a foundry again in the future - i was looking for something a little lighter roasted than my usual espressos but have gone back to what I know.
    It might be that you just aren’t keen on how we roast coffee! - which is fine, thanks for giving us a try if you’re wanting to persevere with the last of it, it sounds as though you may need to extract more - ie if the shots look ok but thinner than you like and sour tasting. Tighten up the grind and stick with a 1:2 ratio and see if that helps. It’s not a difficult coffee to work with so it may be that you just don’t like it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HBLP View Post
    Had to come back to say Lee and the team at Foundry were wonderful. Due to only being in the UK a short time, visiting family from Germany, there were some complications where I wasn't going to be in the north when the package was received but rather down in London. A quick email to Lee and they redirected the package to London where I could pick it up and take it back with me to Germany. The Rocko Mountain is absolutely beautiful, I've only tried it as an espresso and a flat white so far. My friend seems to love the Kayon I gifted him in his aeropress, too.

Couldn't recommend Foundry more after my first ever order from them, I'll be back in the future
    Thank you! - really glad this all worked out in the end and great to hear that you are enjoying the coffee.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Default Foundry Coffee Roasters

@foundrycoffeeroasters.com

Any new beans on the horizon? just thinking about my upcoming purchases and trying to plan accordingly
    Last edited by Hairy_Hogg; 2 Weeks Ago at 09:30.
    Enjoying espresso & filter - Currently enjoying Foundry LSOL offering

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)

Yeah, we have two new coffees in testing at the moment. One is almost certainly going to get launched within the next week, the other needs a bit more work!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Hi Lee, it's around this time of year that I worry you're going to run out of Rocko Mountain before I've stocked up . I know you said you'd bought plenty of this crop, so can I afford to wait a while before I order some more?

Also, I noticed that grinders and brew equipment have disappeared from your website - have you decided to focus on roasting and selling the Londinium machines going forward?
    Londinium I (for sale) - Mythos - RR55 - Niche Zero

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heligan View Post

Hi Lee, it's around this time of year that I worry you're going to run out of Rocko Mountain before I've stocked up . I know you said you'd bought plenty of this crop, so can I afford to wait a while before I order some more?

Also, I noticed that grinders and brew equipment have disappeared from your website - have you decided to focus on roasting and selling the Londinium machines going forward?
    Sorry, I missed this message somehow. Yeah, we should have Rocko for another couple of months at least so I’m hoping we’ll more or less make it through to the next harvest this time.

And yes! We have decided to stay focussed on beans and the Londinium machines. Mainly because all the other stuff is available lots of other places and we can’t compete with amazon and the like on prices. We’re just keeping some consumables - filter papers which people need from time to time.

I’m also in the very early stages of trying to find a good hand grinder to stock but we need something very high quality, available and with good support from the manufacturer. Not as easy as it sounds!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by foundrycoffeeroasters.com View Post
    Sorry, I missed this message somehow. Yeah, we should have Rocko for another couple of months at least so I’m hoping we’ll more or less make it through to the next harvest this time.

And yes! We have decided to stay focussed on beans and the Londinium machines. Mainly because all the other stuff is available lots of other places and we can’t compete with amazon and the like on prices. We’re just keeping some consumables - filter papers which people need from time to time.

I’m also in the very early stages of trying to find a good hand grinder to stock but we need something very high quality, available and with good support from the manufacturer. Not as easy as it sounds!
    Kinu M47 might fit the bill there. Knock obviously has big issues with regard to support, for both direct customers and wholesale, Orphan Espresso too (and I'd argue the Lidos aren't *very* high quality, despite liking mine). Comandante is not so suitable for espresso which I guess you'd want. Helor could be an option too, and I don't know anyone else who sells the Helor 101 in Europe!

Anyway, guess you will do your own research, but maybe gives you something to look at

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by foundrycoffeeroasters.com View Post

Thanks Lee. Glad to hear the Rocko should be available for a while longer . I'm edging towards making a decision to get an EK, so I'm sorry you're not carrying them any longer but I understand the thinking behind it. Good luck finding a hand grinder you're happy to offer.
    Londinium I (for sale) - Mythos - RR55 - Niche Zero