Rave Coffee Roasters
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Ceado E37s A.R.S.E Mod

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Default Ceado E37s A.R.S.E Mod

I donít know why I didnít think to search google for a picture of the mythos clump crusher - given VA have probably trialed one or two more designs than us....replicating theirs seems a sensible starting point!

Hereís the magical Mythos CC:

Looks like we have stumbled upon an almost identical design!

They also have an enhanced gap between teeth, but one fewer teeth. Looks like I need to drink some more beer to try making another - this coffee malarkey is hard work...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I cannot understand how Ceado could release the grinder with the stupid useless SSC, revise it - and still it doesn't work.
    Londinium 1, Pharos, Ceado e37s, Gene Cafe, Aerobie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Especially when a better solution can be made by an amateur, by hand, with a used beer can!!

I recon retention is up with this, but the useability is improved moreso.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Retention is definitely down over the SCC, well at least in my experience anyway...

Okay, perhaps it was lower when I tried the fully open position AKA 'coffee explosion mode'.
    Obsessive Coffee Disorder

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Okay, Iíd agree that.

For the first year or so I have been working in what shall henceforth be referred to as ďCEMĒ, the be SCC does complicate dose to dose precision.

The ARSE gives more retention than CEM, but I think itís workable.

The difficulty I have found is in making tiny adjustments between shots to finesse the grind size. CEM does have he benefit of any adjustment making a meaningful change to the next shot.

In ARSE mode, I have found you need to make an adjustment as trust it will be right - it is easy to adjust a little, shot not right, adjust some more, overshoot the target as the first adjustment hadnít taken full effect yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

My next potential ARSE I am cooking up is the same design at the Mythos above, but with a wider gap between the teeth.

Iím wondering if it might reduce retention

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rob177palmer View Post
    Okay, I’d agree that.

For the first year or so I have been working in what shall henceforth be referred to as “CEM”, the be SCC does complicate dose to dose precision.

The ARSE gives more retention than CEM, but I think it’s workable.

The difficulty I have found is in making tiny adjustments between shots to finesse the grind size. CEM does have he benefit of any adjustment making a meaningful change to the next shot.

In ARSE mode, I have found you need to make an adjustment as trust it will be right - it is easy to adjust a little, shot not right, adjust some more, overshoot the target as the first adjustment hadn’t taken full effect yet.
    Doesn't sound like you're purging enough, I mean I can't speak for the iteration of design you've gone regards the mod but I'm purging about 4-5g between adjustments no drama.

Are you folding the teeth out to approx 45 degrees?
    Obsessive Coffee Disorder

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Iím definitely being a bit of a Scrooge and not purging sufficiently. I also tend to make tiny grind adjustments between shots - suspect might be better to adjust the pre-infusion more and leave the grinder a bit more consistent now.

Iíll check about he teeth tho - have a sneaking suspicion I forgot to bend them out....