CoffeeHit
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gaggia Classic tripping

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

The earth wire is electrically connected to everything that's made of metal inside (and outside) the machine - so just disconnect the earth wire as it makes no difference what it touches inside the machine. Hope this makes sense.

Lots of everything: machines, grinders, roaster, beans, tampers, baskets, blah, blah
    However - Too much is never enough!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

OK ta makes sense now

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Another forum thread had suggested putting hot melt glue on delicate threads, element connections
    before acid baths to protect from erosion/moisture, a gun is relatively cheap £10.
    Is this a good idea but how do you remove glue afterwards , or is there an alternative (almost want a
    candle wax type material)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have signed in just to thank Chockymonster and El carajillo. I have struggled with the exact same problem and browsed through a lot of internet content regarding 'gaggia classic tripping the electricity' issue. Thank goodness I stumbled upon this thread. Thank you again for the spot on diagnosis and the easy solution!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bit of an old thread but just wanted to thank Chocymonster and others for their advice to disconnect earth to dry out element after a rebuilt descaled gc boiler project. Gave it a few mins wnd watched the element sizzle as it burned off a litttl moisture (all this with mind hands safely away from the casing) After that, turned off machine reconnected earth and the machine no longer trips when turned on. I'll just add that I primed the boiler with the element terminals disconnected prior to all previous steps so not to overheat/damage dry boiler. Thanks
    Caff_Ian

Gaggia Classic | Savinelli Grinder DR3

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wow, old threads are great. Having stripped and descaled my Gaggia I was having a similar issue.

Very nearly bought a new Rancilio.

Gaggia is working again, well it will be once I've stripped down the solenoid again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)

Safer to wrap some insulating tape around the end of any loose electrical lead.
    It's surprising how mobile such loose leads can become !

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123