Has Bean In My Mug
Page 85 of 85 FirstFirst ... 35758182838485

Thread: Has Bean Golden Ticket SSSS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)

I've got loads, and never finish the #SSSSS as I've usually got a 1/4 to a 1/2 bag of each left. Think I've only actually managed to finish one so far to date. Mainly drink decaf now.
    Spro = 2011 Mazzer Major auto (Ti burrs) + 2007 La Pavoni Europiccola Millennium
    Brew = Isomac Macinino Professionale Inox + V60/AeroPress/Syphon

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

I'm due to start last month's tomorrow before moving on to the LSOL. Need to hold a coffee morning (70s style).
    Ambient Vesuvius, Probat EK43 & Feldgind

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

What is a golden ticket? Ordered about 300 bags of 250g coffee from Hasbean throughout my life, never had anything inside them. I have 5 in the cupboard currently (all Costa Rican)

Actually maybe GT's don't come in Costa Rican bags?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

It's a year's subscription in monthly deliveries. Beans offered don't normally get featured in Has Bean's main sales area. To sign up, you need to be quick - only 300 places and starts in January of each year with subscription orders taking place in December.
    Londinium I; EK43 running Turkish burrs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

First shot of last month's and trying at the same setting as the Finca La Pira Caturra we've just finished, the first thing is that the grinds were mega fluffy such that 18g was overflowing the basket and the tamp depth required (I use a Mahlgut) was a lot less. Unsurprisingly as a result using the same profile the 13s preinfusion was insufficient for the coffee to start appearing and my profile actually ran out of time (I've now extended the last phase) so I let it finish on residual pressure. So I can't judge it yet but it was nice enough for me to not put milk in it. I need to consider where to go with dialling this in as it didn't really taste under or over extracted. The extraction was pleasantly smooth. I think I'll probably back it off a touch then just play around with it and see how it is. What was nice with the last beans was I managed to dial them in nicely then could alter the taste and in particular the acidity by changing the yield plus or minus half a gram. First impressions are that it's likely to be a very well balanced smooth coffee (which is what the tasting notes elude to but I didn't read those beforehand) and whilst that might not have the impact of something really fruity there is a definite contrast with the previous beans so the change has impact instead.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Got this month's (August) coffee dialled in on the Kalita and I am enjoying this one. Very interesting combination of tasting notes and very gluggable.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

With last month's the flavour note which is coming through for me is almond. We're enjoying it but I'm still tinkering with the recipe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I'm loving this hazelnut caramel filter coffee.