Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Sounds like an interesting offering on its way - looking forward to this
    a grinder a lever and some beans

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Duly opened and V60'd. Smelling the beans I'm getting choc ice cream.. ground 18g with the pointer straight up on the EK. Not dialled in but getting tastes of dark choc-ice, with a Bournville bitter edge to it. It's smooth as well. It reminds me of putting my finger into a jar a Bournville cocoa powder and licking it, that sort of dry finish. Getting the ice cream bit as well just to round off the start. Can't say I'm posh enough to recognise brioche.. Quite a pleasant evenings experience. Now the dilemma is, do I finish off last months LSOL filter roast in the morning, or carry on with this.. Toughy..
    Spro = 2011 Mazzer Major auto (Ti burrs) + 2007 La Pavoni Europiccola Millennium
    Brew = Isomac Macinino Professionale Inox + V60/AeroPress/Syphon

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Actually did both.. Had a Moka of LSOL for breaky and made a flask of #SSSSS for my travel mug. Although tightened the grind a bit more and preferred it how I had it last time. Will be making a breakfast brew of this in the morning in the V60. Nice..
    Spro = 2011 Mazzer Major auto (Ti burrs) + 2007 La Pavoni Europiccola Millennium

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Ok,

This is a great filter coffee.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

And a cracking espresso.

18-> 32 in 29sec.

Just wonderful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

These went in the freezer as I have a stockpile at the moment, but the comments so far make me think they'll be the next bag opened...
    Gaggia Classic with Rancilo Steam Wand, Motta Tamper, Naked Portafilter + 18g VST, Baratza Sette 270, Brewista Scales
    Hario V60 (02), Hario Skerton, Aeropress, Porlex

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Had another V60 this evening. Decided to open the grind to 7 1/2 on the EK (@fatboyslim are you taking note lol). Very, very nice. Got the choc and ice cream thing going one, and was a bit juicier than before. Decided to go with the same settings that Curve used for their V60 Kochere Ethiopian and it's just about right.

18g coffee, 300g Volvic. I did a 38g bloom and then a continuous, steady pour until I reached 300g. Then lifted the V60 up and swilled it gently round before tapping it on the stand. I watched the nice las from Curve do this with theirs so decided to give it a go, and it works quite well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Just opened these and I'm impressed

I'm not going to pretend to get all of the flavours that Steve mentioned. Chocolate, minimal acidity, all sorts of stuff going on in there.

#SSSSS is sometimes exclusive and ok, other times its good. This one, for me is outstanding - I would happily pay a premium for more of this coffee. Love it !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Had another of these for breakfast.

15g in 30g out in 25 seconds. Not wanting to waste it I drank it as long black.

Mouthfeel noticeably thinner, more pronounced chocolate but dark chocolate as @Rhys experienced. On the last mouthful I got something that reminded me of green fruit gums. I think it may be how the hint of acidity leaves my mouth feeling.

Still a great coffee