The Coffee Bean Van And Roaster
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Gaggia / Silvia - Pt100 RTD sensor for PID

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by haz_pro View Post
    Are you still selling these? A kind forum member is sending me his old PID kit for free, but he thinks the temp sensor might be knackered.

Cheers.
    Yup - still do them, and I think I've just replied to your message about buying one.

Thanks!
    Lots of everything: machines, grinders, roaster, beans, tampers, baskets, blah, blah
    However - Too much is never enough!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Hi all, I seem to be having problems with everything these days! I got one of these in mail today, very quick from @MrShades thank-you. I took out boiler again and screwed it in carefully. Put it all back together. I am using a Sestos D1S VR PID
    http://www.sestos-hk.com/english/download/d1s-en.pdf
    and initially put the 2 red wires in 4 and 5, with the white in 3. However it shows 640C at room temp, I have tried other combinations to get it to work, left one red free and red in 4 white in 3, it said 23C but the temp went down v slowly as boiler came on. Then I swapped white to 4 red to 3. It said 23 and went up v slowly to 30, but then I checked and it was producing lots of steam from the steam wand. Does anyone have any ideas? Previously it was set up with a wire attached to the outside of boiler with Sugru. I am not sure what that was, or if I need to change some settings on the Sestos to get it to recognise the RTD correctly?

Thanks in advance sorry for being a pain.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Choronzon View Post
    Hi all, I seem to be having problems with everything these days! I got one of these in mail today, vry quick from @MrShades thankyou. I took out boiler again and crewed it in carefully. Put it all back together. I am using a Sestos D1S VR PID
    http://www.sestos-hk.com/english/download/d1s-en.pdf
    and initially put the 2 red wires in 4 and 5, with the white in 3. However it shows 640C at room temp, I have tried other combinations to get it to work, left one red free and red in 4 white in 3, it said 23C but the temp wernt down v slowly as boiler came on. Then I swapped white to 4 red to 3. It said 23 and went up v slowly to 30, but then I checked and it was producing lots of steam from the steam wand. Does anyone have any ideas? Previously it was set up with a wire attatched to the outside of boiler with Sugru. I am not sure what that was, or if I need to change some settings on the Sestos to get it to recognise the RTD correctly?

Thanks in advance sorry for being a pain.
    You’ll need to reconfigure your PID for a pt100, yes. They’re normally configured for a K type thermocouple as standard.

Refer to your PID manual and it should tell you how to do this. Sorry I can’t help, as I don’t use those PIDs and they all tend to be quite different when it comes to config.

Adrian
    Lots of everything: machines, grinders, roaster, beans, tampers, baskets, blah, blah

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Beautiful, thankyou @MrShades so much! Once I knew where to look. Something finally went well today. The actual manual for the sestos is pretty abysmal, I found a very helpful "Secret" manual for the Sestos D1S here https://sestosd1s.blogspot.com as you said it was set for a K type thermocouple. So I changed the Sn from 0 (K) to 21 (pt100)

Now it is working fine, although I need to tune the settings as it is overshooting too much but that is to be expected. Great! Can start trying/learining to make espressos again!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi, being a new member I can not PM. I would very much like to buy your sensor.
    Do you still ship?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JanB View Post
    Hi, being a new member I can not PM. I would very much like to buy your sensor.
    Do you still ship?
    Yes. Once you have posted on here sufficiently and can PM, please contact me and I’ll be glad to help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi! Do you @MrShades make a PID kit for the GC 2015?
    cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiCoffs View Post
    Hi! Do you @MrShades make a PID kit for the GC 2015?
    cheers
    No I don’t, sorry - and currently have no intention of doing so.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MrShades View Post
    No I don’t, sorry - and currently have no intention of doing so.
    No worries, thanks anyhow

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi. If still available I'm interested in one of your sensors.
    I'm in the USA.

cheers!

James