So i have been on a bit of a road of discovery with the EK43 and still not getting the flavour i have been wanting. So i took the liberty to source another high end espresso grinder (mazzer major) and compare shots side by side.
What i've noticed now is thus for both grinders. This was extracting at 6 bar with 19g in and 52g out for the EK, 38g for the Mazzer.
- Such a sweet extraction, delicious but almost sometimes too sweet and flavour can be los.
- Drink it straight or with limited water, max 5oz long black
- Big crema (not sure if it's a good thing)
- Way more body and richness but you do sacrifice some sweetness
- Much better in milk based drinks
- Works better with darker beans
- Less crema
I feel i need both in my life, maybe a little over kill but hey!!!