I received my Jug a couple of days ago. At first it worked fine (although the lid did not close properly like reported here by some other folks) and I managed to get water at a desired ppm of 110 and the coffee tasted excellent. Over the next couple of days though, no matter how I adjusted the setting, the ppm wouldnt go below 220 although the bypass was fully closed and no water was going through it(like with any normal Brita filter). I live in Berlin and Tap water here is between 400-430ppm.
To make things worse the water filtered with the peak started smelling REAL bad and fishy when boiling or left in the fridge for a day. The tap water has definitely never smelled like this.
Finally when I tried to check what the hell was wrong with the filter and lifted it out of the jug the metal mesh somehow snapped and now the resin are all over the place.
I am so frustrated. I really loved what I was able to achieve with the properly filtered water from the peak in the two (!) brews I had with it. But then waiting almost two years for the joy to last only two days is devastating.