Bella Barista
  • Visit the CoffeeHit stand at London Coffee Festival

    CoffeeHit are exhibiting at the London Coffee Festival in 2015 and we invite you to visit their stand and support a Coffee Forums UK Advertiser.

    CoffeeHit will be demonstrating both the Lido 2 and Lido 3 hand grinders - and you will have the opportunity to get hands on with both.

    They will also be demonstrating the new Brewista Kettle and lots of new brewing devices.

    Barista gear from Rhinowares and Brewista will be complemented by the full range of Baratza Grinders and Cafetto Cleaners.

    Of note will be the new Brewista Smart Brew Scale with nano technology making it waterproof, with 4 brewing modes. This could be the smartest scale you will ever own.

    Keep an eye out for photos during and after the event.

    Do let the team know that you are a Coffee Forums UK member when you visit!

    Visit http://coffeehit.co.uk/ to view their full range of products
    Comments 31 Comments
    1. hombre_mediocre's Avatar
      I'll be sure to show my face!
    1. jlarkin's Avatar
      jlarkin -
      I'll definitely have a look at the brewista kettle (even though I just ordered a Hario non-electric one). I was wondering if many people are going along to this / especially if anybody has any tips for things to look out for? I'm heading over for the Sunday morning "brunch" session.
    1. Phil104's Avatar
      Phil104 -
      Quote Originally Posted by jlarkin View Post
      I'll definitely have a look at the brewista kettle (even though I just ordered a Hario non-electric one). I was wondering if many people are going along to this / especially if anybody has any tips for things to look out for? I'm heading over for the Sunday morning "brunch" session.
      I'd look out for caffeine overdosing
    1. Beanosaurus's Avatar
      Beanosaurus -
      The Brewrista Scale looks brilliant!
    1. Chockymonster's Avatar
      Chockymonster -
      Quote Originally Posted by Beanosaurus View Post
      The Brewrista Scale looks brilliant!
      Totally agree! Especially at the price point, although $49 US will probably end up at 50
    1. Flibster's Avatar
      Flibster -
      I spent a few minutes playing with the Brewista scales today. They are bloody impressive.

      Going to be at about 50 talking to the creator of them today. Runs of a couple of AA batteries, so good for travel. The scales themselves aren't particularly large, but certainly large enough for a 8-10 cup chemex, and how much larger are you going to go really?

      There will be a rechargeable model coming along later using a phone battery with a micro usb port. They will apparently be around double the proce *ouch* Personally, I'd stick with the AA battery version.

      Was very tempted by a Rhino hand grinder for 25 too. Hmmmmm...
    1. DoubleShot's Avatar
      DoubleShot -
      @Flibster

      Did you spot any PUSH tampers out in the wild? Latest email from Clockwork Espresso included this:

      "For now, if any of you are going to the London Coffee festival over the next 4 days, make sure you follow us on Twitter. We'll be wandering around the show, so you might get to take a PUSH for a spin."
    1. Flibster's Avatar
      Flibster -
      Didn't see a PUSH in the wild. Will go on the hunt tomorrow.
    1. Glenn's Avatar
      Glenn -
      Spotted and held a PUSH tamper today, whilst playing on a La Marzocco Linea Home machine

      Couldn't use it though as the PUSH tamper does not fit a LM basket as it has been designed for VST
    1. Colio07's Avatar
      Colio07 -
      Glenn, Flibster, I'll be there tomorrow as well - day session. Maybe see you there.
    1. Flibster's Avatar
      Flibster -
      Surely it would fit a Strada basket? I thought they were made to the same specs, just the VST had tighter tolerances?
    1. Glenn's Avatar
      Glenn -
      Nope - very different beasts
      Differently shaped sides
    1. DoubleShot's Avatar
      DoubleShot -
      Shame you couldn't use it Glenn. What did the quality/finish feel like? I'm presuming these won't be cheap, purely from its uniqueness point of view rather than being made from expensive materials such as titanium such as premium tampers by Torr etc.
    1. Glenn's Avatar
      Glenn -
      Good quality / finish / feel
    1. Colio07's Avatar
      Colio07 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Flibster View Post
      I spent a few minutes playing with the Brewista scales today. They are bloody impressive.

      Going to be at about 50 talking to the creator of them today. Runs of a couple of AA batteries, so good for travel. The scales themselves aren't particularly large, but certainly large enough for a 8-10 cup chemex, and how much larger are you going to go really?

      There will be a rechargeable model coming along later using a phone battery with a micro usb port. They will apparently be around double the proce *ouch* Personally, I'd stick with the AA battery version.

      Was very tempted by a Rhino hand grinder for 25 too. Hmmmmm...
      Saw the Brewista scales today, and agree that they're very impressive. Love the auto-tare and auto-time functionality and water / heat resistance. The creator quoted around 40 UK selling price to me today, so maybe the pricing strategy is still being worked out!

      As Flibster mentioned, they're not very large. For espresso it would be possible to weigh the dose (basket only) and then switch modes in order to weigh and time the shot, but seems like it would be a bit of a faff and as such I suspect many would have another scale for dose weighing.

      Nevertheless, I'm very tempted!
    1. DoubleShot's Avatar
      DoubleShot -
      If like me, after all this talk about Brewista Scales, you're wondering what they look like?

    1. The Systemic Kid's Avatar
      Features look good but I wonder about the 'water resistance' bit as the plate looks pretty conventional. If they are being offered at 40.00 they will be a bargain. Wonder where they are being made as, from the look of the one above, it looks very like something out of the On Balance range.
    1. froggystyle's Avatar
      froggystyle -
      Buttons don't look water tight either...
    1. johnealey's Avatar
      johnealey -
      Read somewher ethese are "ion coated" (?) , excuse the fact the correct words escaping me, but the same manner that Sony waterproofed their experias?
      Would be interested at that price.
      John
    1. Colio07's Avatar
      Colio07 -
      Quote Originally Posted by johnealey View Post
      Read somewher ethese are "ion coated" (?) , excuse the fact the correct words escaping me, but the same manner that Sony waterproofed their experias?
      Would be interested at that price.
      John
      Yes, the creator said something like that - nano-coated, or ion-coated, or something... Think he said that as a result these should last at least 3 times as long as conventional scales. Clearly suggests the scales aren't entirely waterproof, but my sense was that if you were careful in a home environment these would last a long time.
  • Tweet Stream

  • Coffee Photos

Foundry Coffee Roasters

Important Site Information


Google Analytics Alternative