PDA

View Full Version : Hiya

MsMochacino
07-03-11, 01:53
Hello. I'm Sandra.

I was going to buy a Delonghi ESAM 5500 when I kept reading that the coffee wasn't very hot. So after much searching and forum reading ordered a Rancilio Silvia and a Iberital MC2 auto grinder. Should receive the Rancilio later this week.

I'm looking forward to making my first espresso and learning more about making cofee.

MonkeyHarris
07-03-11, 02:14
Welcome Sandra, excellent choices. Get yourself some fresh beans, read up as much as you can and you'll be making quality espressos in no time.

MsMochacino
07-03-11, 02:25
Thanks MonkeyHarris.

I've downloaded some Seattle Coffee Gear youtube vids and am rearing to go. Happy Donkey sent 250g of beans with the Iberital MC2 auto grinder. Just waiting for Ms Silvia.

mike 100
07-03-11, 04:57
Welcome Sandra,

Have a look at Metropolis coffee videos I think they are very good (www.metropoliscoffee.com)

MsMochacino
07-03-11, 05:50
Welcome Sandra,

Have a look at Metropolis coffee videos I think they are very good (www.metropoliscoffee.com)

I've watched a couple and have learnt how to hold and use a tamper. Espresso making is fascinating. So glad I didn't buy a bean to cup machine.

Glenn
07-03-11, 08:12
Welcome Sandra

You'll find the machine and grinder combo will open up more possibilities than the bean to cup would have.
Paired with fresh beans (and judging by your membername a superb chocolate too) you're onto a winner

You will need a new tamper as the plastic one supplied with the machine is next to useless...

MsMochacino
07-03-11, 09:46
Welcome Sandra

You will need a new tamper as the plastic one supplied with the machine is next to useless...

I bought a stainless steel/wooden one and it's really heavy. Hopefully it won't take me too long to get the hang of it.

sandykt
07-03-11, 09:58
Welcome to Coffee Forums

BanishInstant
08-03-11, 01:46
Hi Sandra and welcome to the wonderful world of coffee. Please feel free to post any questions and we will see if we can help.

Don't become disheartened if your brews are not perfect first time around. It takes time to get competent in this process but well worth it. We are all still learning, and experience misses as well as hits.