PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: iPhone 5 or 5s

jimbocz
22-01-16, 03:14
Looking for one that works, scratches and nicks are OK. Unlocked.

Anyone?

DoubleShot
22-01-16, 06:56
If no luck from a forum member, these (https://www.giffgaff.com/apple/phones?_ms=234&_msd=HotUKDeals&xid=47868) seem reasonable value

Andy__C
07-02-16, 10:42
I have just got an iphone 6 from work, so my 5s 16gb is spare. I don't know much about lockings to networks etc but mine is on "3" .

Its about 18months old, in near perfect condition bar a nick on one corner, not sure how that got there... its lived its life in a good quality case from the day I got it.

Any good to you?

coffeechap
07-02-16, 10:59
I have just got an iphone 6 from work, so my 5s 16gb is spare. I don't know much about lockings to networks etc but mine is on "3" .

Its about 18months old, in near perfect condition bar a nick on one corner, not sure how that got there... its lived its life in a good quality case from the day I got it.

Any good to you?

How much do you want forum it, I am interested

Andy__C
07-02-16, 11:28
I've just checked the bay, most got for around 150. How does 120 posted sound?

coffeechap
08-02-16, 12:25
I will say yes, but will you be able to fill out the form on line to unlock it?

Andy__C
08-02-16, 12:28
Sure, I have no probs doing that. I've not looked into unlocking a phone before so not really that clued up but if you don't mind pointing me in the right direction I'll give it a go.

jimbocz
08-02-16, 04:45
Hey wait, this is my thread!

Actually, I've already bought one from EBay so coffeechap go on and fill your boots. That's a good price

Rhys
08-02-16, 04:51
I'm changing from EE to O2 and keeping my 5s, just filled in an online form and apparently they are relieving me of 8.99 for the privilege, though I would've thought if it's out of contract it should be unlocked (I was told iPhones can't be locked as networks can't fiddle with Apple's software..) When I changed the SIM over, it just set itself up with no fuss.

DoubleShot
08-02-16, 05:04
AFAIK the only proper unlocked iPhones are those purchased direct from Apple. The ones supplied to mobile phone stores are unlocked, yes, but they lock to the network of the first sim card used in them. After which you'll need to ask your mobile network to unlock them should you wish to change networks.

Rhys

Life Mobile (which uses EE network) do a sim only contract that offers 1500 mins, unlimited texts, 1GB of 3G data for 6 per month (special rate available via uSwitch). 30-day rolling contract. Cheaper than the 14 that you were paying and offering almost the same bundle.

Rhys
08-02-16, 09:25
Don't want anything to do with EE as I get zero coverage with them, plus they didn't notify me when my contract ended in October.. Now on O2 anyway, as it gets paid though the business I'm not that fussed on cost, as long as we get good service (reception is a lot better anyway) :)

Andy__C
08-02-16, 09:40

Actually, I've already bought one from EBay so coffeechap go on and fill your boots. That's a good price

Actually... that is probably bad forum etiquette... sorry mate. Kinda went with it all without thinking.

coffeechap - I've per sued this today and 3 tell me that my phone, as it was purchased after Jan 2014 (mine was June/July tme), its automatically unlocked as was their policy after Jan14.

See here on the three website:

https://www.three.co.uk/Support/Device_Unlock

Let me know if you want to carry on with this. Happy to take some snaps etc tomorrow if you want.

coffeechap
08-02-16, 09:42
Happy to go ahead pm me the details for payment many thanks

coffeechap
08-02-16, 09:44

Apologies if I stepped on your toes

jimbocz
08-02-16, 11:53
No worries, I probably should have posted that I wasn't looking any more. Looks like everyone is a winner.