PDA

View Full Version : Which set of burrs to get for Super Jolly?

stevenh
03-11-15, 04:01
I'm looking to get a new set of burrs for my SJ and trying to decide whether to get genuine Mazzer or third party.
A bit confused when I saw the following from Espresso Shop which is close to me:

http://www.espressoservices.co.uk/9_-_mazzer_super_jolly_grinder.html

They offer 3 different options with one of them being marketed as better than the originals?

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Steven

timmyjj21
03-11-15, 04:20
Yeah, confusing! The first 2 appear to be generics. For the tiny price difference I'd go the long life version, but in reality I don't think any domestic setting would reveal a difference.
Edit: on closer inspection of the pictures, the generics both appear to have chinks in the burr edges. Maybe it's just my interpretation of the lighting effect and the edges, but it doesn't inspire me when the Mazzer brand looks so clean.

wilse
03-11-15, 04:30
Hunt around on 'thebay' if you are not in a hurry.

I paid 15 inc postage, for a set of original SJ burrs.

Personally I'd go 'real' ones.

Dylan
03-11-15, 04:47
I guess if you were bulk ordering then buying off-brand ones might make some sense, but for personal use it makes no sense whatsoever.

Buy genuine ones.

DavecUK
03-11-15, 05:51
Yeah, confusing! The first 2 appear to be generics. For the tiny price difference I'd go the long life version, but in reality I don't think any domestic setting would reveal a difference.
Edit: on closer inspection of the pictures, the generics both appear to have chinks in the burr edges. Maybe it's just my interpretation of the lighting effect and the edges, but it doesn't inspire me when the Mazzer brand looks so clean.

Always get the original burrs, I have seen some horrible grinds with Generic burrs....as for little nicks in the edges..just think about those 3 very large screw holes and then don't worry about it!

stevenh
03-11-15, 06:05
Thanks will order a set from the flea bay :)

Rhys
03-11-15, 11:39
For the price of original ones on fleabay, you can't go wrong.