PDA

View Full Version : A quick hello

Robbe
08-10-10, 05:38
Only been drinking coffee for the last 18 months and enjoying the use of the bean to cup machine at work.
Looking at getting a decent machine for home use. Trying to persuade the wife that a Fracino Cherub will look nice in the new kitchen.

Robb

lookseehear
08-10-10, 06:47
Hi there and welcome :-)

If you've been using a bean to cup machine (and probably with questionable beans) for 18 months, I'm sure a machine like the Cherub would be a huge step up!

Have you thought about what grinder you would pair it with? We all ask the same questions but honestly you'd be better off with a really cheap machine and a good grinder than the cherub and pre-ground!

Glenn
08-10-10, 09:54
Hey Robbe and welcome to Coffee Forums UK

Good luck in convincing your wife to allow you to take up valuable bench space. Be sure to let us know if she gives in!

liquidmonkey2000
08-10-10, 10:24
Welcome to the forums. With a decent grinder and a lot of experimentation you should be pulling much better shots than the bean to cup machine at work. A word of warning though: the price for treading this path is high. You will become obsessed with making minuscule improvements in search of that elusive "godshot" and nevermore will you be able to just enjoy a cuppa. You will bore your friends and family with your talk of extraction times and tamping pressure. You will scour the internet for tips and tricks until your eyes are red. However, when you taste that caramely brown nectar it will all be worth it (perhaps!).

Good Luck!

LeeWardle
09-10-10, 02:15
I couldn't have put it better myself!

Welcome!

Lee

Swifty
09-10-10, 06:54
Robbe,

Welcome mate and forget the negotiation with the wife just divorce her and you could have all teh space you want. Plus your machine will never tell you off for forgetting an aniversary or leaving the toilet seat up :)

BanishInstant
10-10-10, 08:56
Hi Robb,

Welcome. The responses regarding grinder are very important, and of course a good source of freshly roasted beans.

Plus your machine will never tell you off for forgetting an aniversary or leaving the toilet seat up :)
But if not cleaned, descaled and backflushed regularly you will have a big fall out ;)

Robbe
10-10-10, 10:30
Thanks for the welcome.

Regards beans, there is a brilliant coffee roaster in town whose beans i've bought for the bean to cup machine and will use when I get my own machine.

Grinder is unknown at moment so recommendations are welcome. Budget may mean change frlm Francino to a Rancilio Silva.

BanishInstant
12-10-10, 09:50
Start a thread in the Grinders and Machines (http://coffeeforums.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?10-Grinders-Machines-Accessories) section and I am sure the recommendations will come flooding in.

sandykt
12-10-10, 01:50
Welcome to Coffee Forums