PDA

View Full Version : Sold: Global Chefs knives (used and new ) and minosharp sharpening set

ianskelly
17-11-14, 03:59
For sale global chefs knives consisting of used G16 24cm chefs knife rrp 259.99 G8 roast slicer rrp 149.99 G5 18cm vegetable chopper rrp 149.99 NEW AND UNUSED G57 16 cm chefs knife rrp 149.99 minosharp water sharpener rrp 60 (prices are off global knives official website ) all items except the 16cm chefs knife are used total value new 770 will sell for 275 for quick sale. The knives have been looked after but the water sharpener leaves a light scratch line along the blade but this is a small price to pay for a tip top sharp knife (I'm more than happy to send pictures via my iphone as not sure how to post on this advert) happy to post for 10 or you can pick up from Chorley. Lack of espresso machine forces sale!

jtvrg
18-11-14, 12:09
Are you willing to split these? I could be interested in the veg knife and sharpening set. Can you send some photos
please, will pm my phone no.

The Systemic Kid
18-11-14, 01:13
Are you willing to split these? I could be interested in the veg knife and sharpening set. Can you send some photos
please, will pm my phone no.

Please keep all negotiations and offers on this thread until the seller has accepted - then proceed to PM.

jtvrg
18-11-14, 02:33
I am not negotiating or making any offers, I am asking for photos via iPhones as the seller does not know how to
Post photos. Any offers I make after will be made as per forum rules

The Systemic Kid
18-11-14, 03:43
I am not negotiating or making any offers, I am asking for photos via iPhones as the seller does not know how to
Post photos. Any offers I make after will be made as per forum rules

Excellent.

jtvrg
18-11-14, 09:02
Excellent ??? What?

Tewdric
18-11-14, 09:28
Likewise I'll offer 90 for the G16 which is available new on Amazon for 180.

ianskelly
18-11-14, 10:05

The Systemic Kid
18-11-14, 10:08
Ian - I will offer 260.00 for the complete set.

ianskelly
18-11-14, 10:15
Hi thanks for the post (sorry it took a while to get back to you but had a crazy day at work) I've put pictures on now (thanks systemic kid for the help!) I 've tried to show the line the minosharp water sharpener leaves, the minosharp is VERY easy and quick to use, if you wanted to use a sharpening steel with practice its pretty straight forward or you can get them sharpened once or twice a year from a knife sharpening co.(usually about a pound or two per knife they can probably also polish the blade to get rid of the line) ideally I would rather sell as a set (hence me putting them on here for a very fair price ) also they would still prob be about 7ish to post

ianskelly
18-11-14, 10:17
Hi have you seen the pictures ?

Daren
18-11-14, 10:19
Hi have you seen the pictures ?

Have you not seen the offer?

ianskelly
18-11-14, 10:22
yeah cheers Daren just wanted to check if systemic kid has seen the pictures to make sure he is happy

The Systemic Kid
18-11-14, 10:27
Seen the pics Ian - if they are as described, I'm happy. Can pay in cash on collection Ian.

ianskelly
18-11-14, 10:29
well seeing as you helped me put the pictures on it would be rude to refuse I suppose, don't forget to bring yer l1 with you!

The Systemic Kid
18-11-14, 10:32
Which one - I've got two:)

Daren
18-11-14, 10:34
Which one - I've got two:)

Show off ;)

The Systemic Kid
18-11-14, 10:34
One is going to my son as a housewarming pressie - actually, it's more to do with being able to have decent coffee when down in Madchester. The Global knives are going to him too.

The Systemic Kid
18-11-14, 10:35
Show off ;)

It's my take on an L2:)

Daren
18-11-14, 10:36
it's my take on an l2:)

l11

The Systemic Kid
18-11-14, 10:40
Have sent you a PM to arrange payment. Cheers Ian.

michaelg
19-11-14, 12:15
One is going to my son as a housewarming pressie - actually, it's more to do with being able to have decent coffee when down in Madchester. The Global knives are going to him too.

Wish my Dad was this generous - I got offered curtains his wife originally bought for their shed (!) for our bedroom in our new house! Fancy adopting me, Patrick? [emoji6]

The Systemic Kid
19-11-14, 12:37
Sadly not Michael. My son's flat is turning into a money pit:) It's throwing us a few curved balls at the moment. Hot water system packed up last week necessitating a new tank which is wider than the existing one so a stud wall has had to be hacked to get it to fit - ouch!

Can't abide crap blunt knives which is all he has. The Gobals are overkill but too good a deal to pass. Even nicer Ian is putting the money towards a new machine. Win, win I'd say.

michaelg
19-11-14, 12:54
Sadly not Michael. My son's flat is turning into a money pit:) It's throwing us a few curved balls at the moment. Hot water system packed up last week necessitating a new tank which is wider than the existing one so a stud wall has had to be hacked to get it to fit - ouch!

Can't abide crap blunt knives which is all he has. The Gobals are overkill but too good a deal to pass. Even nicer Ian is putting the money towards a new machine. Win, win I'd say.

A money pit? Sounds like my new house too! Good news is that despite the sales rep trying to persuade us to add fitted wardrobes at 450 a piece we found today at our first look at our house in progress that they are included as standard in our house design (albeit not sliding doors) so glad we didn't keep it on the options list now!

Sensible purchase, some sharp knives. With the right care and attention they'll last for years and are much safer in the long run than trying to persist with blunt ones and brute force. Plus nice knives will encourage him to cook rather than order takeaways so that can only be a good thing!