PDA

View Full Version : an unusual use for pucks

feef
19-04-10, 06:47
Coffee pucks. Soft enough to do no damage, explode on impact and ideal for throwing at cats that shit in your garden.

Glenn
19-04-10, 06:53
Not endorsed but I like it!

sandykt
19-04-10, 07:01
Coffee pucks. Soft enough to do no damage, explode on impact and ideal for throwing at cats that shit in your garden.

As a cat lover, I would not do this but it did make me smile.

DonRJ
19-04-10, 08:11
At least its a biologically friendly approach

feef
19-04-10, 09:05
I don't dislike cats, but I think we must be the only house in rye street that doesn't have a cat and the backgarden is getting like a giant communal litter tray.

We're expecting our first child in July and I would really like to let it play on the garden in time, but right now I can't even mow the lawn without getting sprayed. :(

LeeWardle
20-04-10, 09:20
Thats the problem with cats...you can't contol them....being cats and all! We have 3 (and a lab) and it's a pain in the arse! We live in a victorian mid-terrace house wih a back yard and a couple of raised beds. When we bought the place in 07 the beds contained gravel! Great! Cat litter then!

Get yourself a dog, we never get random cats in our garden!

(taken bout 3 years ago, me and the woofer! Oliver.)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/litwardle/th_Woof.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v699/litwardle/?action=view&current=Woof.jpg)

Lee

feef
20-04-10, 09:44
We just don't have the room for a dog, despite it being something we'd both like to own.

On a bit of a tangent from coffee, I've been looking at cat scarers, and a lot of them use ultrasonics which are designed to scare off "Cat, Feral Cat, Dog, Fox, Squirrel, Rabbit, Badger, Deer and Rat". But I'm quite fond of watching the squirrels playing when I'm working (I work from home and my office is in the conservatory).

Anyone got any other cat-repelling ideas that doesn't repel every other creature?

a

vintagecigarman
20-04-10, 03:21
"Anyone got any other cat-repelling ideas that doesn't repel every other creature?"

Ground coffee is supposed to repel them! Certainly worth trying spreading your mashed up pucks on the garden.

If that doesn't work there's always lion poo (seriously!). Works on the principal that the cat thinks that the garden is inhabited by a monster moggy, and they keep clear. You can sometimes buy it in garden centres or Amazon sell a product based on it.

cold war kid
20-04-10, 08:45
On a serious note don't let your missus clean the cat shit up if she's pregnant.Toxoplasmosis can be dangerous to pregnant women and unborn babies.Just keep on firing them pucks.

cold war kid
20-04-10, 08:47
Had to laugh at the lion poo comment though.I had a vision of some one running round Knowsley safari park with a shovel.

Greenpotterer
20-04-10, 09:50
Had to laugh at the lion poo comment though.I had a vision of some one running round Knowsley safari park with a shovel.
how fast would you have to run

feef
21-04-10, 10:37
On a serious note don't let your missus clean the cat shit up if she's pregnant.Toxoplasmosis can be dangerous to pregnant women and unborn babies.Just keep on firing them pucks.

I know all about toxoplasmosis, that's one of the reasons I don't want our kiddie running about out there unless I can be sure it's relatively free of the stuff

a

LeeWardle
21-04-10, 10:40
I've seen those pretend cats in betterware, kind of like a scare crow for puddy cats! I can't imagine that it would work though! Coal tar soap is supposed to work, you grate around the perimiter and it keeps them away. It makes tour garden smell like your granny though!

P.s. Moved to OT.

Franzpan
12-05-10, 10:13
Haha what an Idea. Mines just a boring coaster atm.