PDA

View Full Version : tobacco aftertaste

polisjim
07-02-14, 11:36
Hi i had this amazing coffee once, all I know was that it had a great cigar aftertaste, been looking for it for a while now but not close anyone got any coffees that may be like it or close, i have my own burr grinder so i'm after beans, thanks
Jim

The Systemic Kid
07-02-14, 11:40
Often get tobacco notes from Londinium beans - not cheap but highest quality.

Mrboots2u
07-02-14, 12:01
Hi i had this amazing coffee once, all I know was that it had a great cigar aftertaste, been looking for it for a while now but not close anyone got any coffees that may be like it or close, i have my own burr grinder so i'm after beans, thanks
Jim

What burr grinder is it ? And the coffee you had that was great , espresso ? Filter ?

gcogger
07-02-14, 01:11
The only coffee I've tried that reminded me of tobacco at all was Old Brown Java (from Rave).

... which I see they no longer sell! I'm sure it's available elsewhere, though.

Mrboots2u
07-02-14, 01:45
The only coffee I've tried that reminded me of tobacco at all was Old Brown Java (from Rave).

... which I see they no longer sell! I'm sure it's available elsewhere, though.

Try here ....
http://www.thecoffeehopper.com/product/1/old-brown-java.htm

aaronb
07-02-14, 02:39
Sumatran coffee's are often advertised as having a tobacco aftertaste...

working dog
07-02-14, 03:02
Sumatran coffee's are often advertised as having a tobacco aftertaste...

Was about to post that. I had a Has Bean Sumatran bean a while back that had lots of spice, earthiness and tobacco in the mix

Charliej
07-02-14, 03:09
I seem to remember the Cuban from Rave we had for 1 months DSOL bean had that sort of aftertaste as well.

Wobin19
07-02-14, 09:17
Yeh, Cuban Serrano Superior from Rave very much has that cigar smokiness. <object type="cosymantecnisbfw" cotype="cs" id="SILOBFWOBJECTID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;"></object>

Wobin19
07-02-14, 10:00
Yeh, Cuban Serrano Superior from Rave very much has that cigar smokiness. <object type="cosymantecnisbfw" cotype="cs" id="SILOBFWOBJECTID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;"></object>

Scrub that, just checked my notes it was Paru Femenino Cecano from Rave that I was thinking of and was not subtle. Also, Brazil Rainha Estate Yellow Bourbon from Londinium, but that was last year, so doubt thats still on.