PDA

View Full Version : Hello - new member

jmc
13-09-13, 06:57
Hello, new around here. Reformed nespresso machine user and keen to learn how to make a decent espresso at home. Looking for a Gaggia Classic to get started, but I have a feeling this could be a slippery slope to lots of new gear! The forum seems like a great resource to learn about these things. Cheers!

CoffeeJohnny
13-09-13, 07:07
He welcome to the forum. The classic is a good machine to get you started and plenty people continue with one not needing to upgrade so that says a lot for them, however if you think you will be tempted down the slippery slope, perhaps set a budget and see what comes up, lots of stuff gets sold on here and if you are going to buy a used machine there's nowhere safer and it's much better value for money.

Any questions just fire away

CoffeeJohnny
13-09-13, 07:10
That should've said hi welcome to the forum

glevum
13-09-13, 07:12
Dont know if its still available in the sale section, an excellent starter package of Rancilio Silvia & rocky by a well respected member on here.

Daren
13-09-13, 08:01
Dont know if its still available in the sale section, an excellent starter package of Rancilio Silvia & rocky by a well respected member on here.

Great machine :D

Dylan
13-09-13, 09:45
Hi, welcome :)

And have to agree with the above, that Rancilio set up would last you a very long time, its a great price for that whole setup!

jmc
13-09-13, 09:56
The Rancilio sounds great but I'm on a bit of a budget. I'll check the for sale section, thanks!