PDA

View Full Version : Help needed!

Somersetgirl
19-08-13, 01:12
Hi everyone,

Great forum, so glad I found this!

I am in the process of setting up a mobile catering company. I have used lots of coffee machines before but never bought one.
I do not want anything fancy - just a good basic one that does the job and can make at least two coffees at a time.
I will also need a good grinder.
I'm also looking into the different beans but am going round in circles. I want the beans to be fair-trade, and I want the coffee to be as lovely as possible!

I'm sure these questions have been asked before but if anyone can help with any of this I would really appreciate it!

Many thanks!:act-up:

Kyle548
19-08-13, 01:20
Hi everyone,

Great forum, so glad I found this!

I am in the process of setting up a mobile catering company. I have used lots of coffee machines before but never bought one.
I do not want anything fancy - just a good basic one that does the job and can make at least two coffees at a time.
I will also need a good grinder.
I'm also looking into the different beans but am going round in circles. I want the beans to be fair-trade, and I want the coffee to be as lovely as possible!

I'm sure these questions have been asked before but if anyone can help with any of this I would really appreciate it!

Many thanks!:act-up:

I don't know about fair-trade, but you want your beans to be freshly roasted.

Alot of roasters will buy direct from the farm the beans were grown (and have a good relationship with the farmers), so there really is no point in buying fair-trade anyway.

An example is Hasbean (http://www.hasbean.co.uk/), who routinely visit farms. However, don't take that as a suggestion about where to source your beans, unless you are very confident extracting the best espresso, as they can be hard to work with.
It's more of a comment on how I think FT is a pointless marketing gimic.