Rave Coffee Roasters
Page 1 of 94 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Made By Knock (www.madebyknock.com)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Made By Knock (www.madebyknock.com)

Just wanted to put a quick mention out for the guys at made by knock. If you've not heard of them they're an Edinburgh based company who sell really lovely tampers at brilliant prices - £18 for a simple tamper including delivery is pretty good in my book! They also do VST baskets and tamper combo's which look fab.

Customer service is also excellent. I had made an order earlier in the week and sent an email to enquire about it's progress. The response I got from the owner of the company explained that it had been posted, but that if it didn't arrive by this morning (which it did) then he would come over to my house this afternoon to drop one off for me to use, and we could then make arrangements about the second one which would arrive by post. Although it wasn't needed in the end, to even offer coming over on a Saturday afternoon to drop one off is amazing...

A highly recommended and friendly company!

And for the record I've never had anything to do with, or even heard of the company before I had read about them on this forum!
    Last edited by BongoSteve; 12-05-12 at 12:32. Reason: just to add web address to title of post
     ...to the topTop

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

I've got the madebyknock Heft tamper in 58.35mm and dark beech wood, I absolutely love it even if I did have to change my tamping style.
    I too can vouch for the excellent customer service as I initially expressed some concerns to Peter that the heft was too heavy and I'd like to swap for a simple.
    He was very happy to do a swap but in the end I stuck with the heft. He also told me about what ideas he had in the pipeline including aluminium handles!

I have tried to persuade him to advertise on this forum. I think anyone looking for a tamper of any size/type should buy from him!

Also the 58.35mm is an excellent fit for the VST baskets!
     ...to the topTop

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Another very happy customer here! I bought the standard vst tamper and its really great. Fits the basket perfectly without feeling like it scrapes along the sides. I would recommend them to everyone.
    Roy & Alex & The Maestro & Herman ze Hausgrind
     ...to the topTop

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I received my simple VST tamper yesterday, a little confusion with the order (I originally received a knock top), the guys happily sent out a new tamper with next day delivery. I have to say it a huge improvement to my Motta 58mm tamper. Can't fault the madebyknock for price and quality
     ...to the topTop

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm a happy customer too.

Made an initial enquiry earlier this week, they got straight back to me and said if the tamper was a little too big (sylvia's can be a large 57 rather than an exact 58 apparently) that I could return it to them and they would alter it for me.

Tamper was delviered the day after I placed my order.
     ...to the topTop

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BongoSteve View Post
    Just wanted to put a quick mention out for the guys at made by knock. If you've not heard of them they're an Edinburgh based company who sell really lovely tampers at brilliant prices - £18 for a simple tamper including delivery is pretty good in my book!
    Am I going mad? The 'simple' seems to be a lot more than that and I can't actually see the 'heft' for sale.
     ...to the topTop

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Ha the heft is secret and you have to ask for it specially.
    If you email Peter he will make you a custom heft :-)
     ...to the topTop

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)

The Heft looks huge! What elements are 'custom' configured?
    @garydyke1
     ...to the topTop

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Peter will custom how 'fly' your particular tamper is. I asked for the full 5.0 surround sound fly-ness.
    Its basically base size, I chose 58.35mm and handle wood style, light beech or awesome dark coco beech.
    He will shortly be offering Aluminium tampers and I have recommended he try to shift some of the height up the handle and away from the base.

I would look out for the heft v2.0 if I were you.
     ...to the topTop

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

http://www.madebyknock.com/buy.html

Hopefully a link to where I bought my simple 58mm tamper for £18 - custom ones for VST are a bit more, as is the tamper and knock top combo
     ...to the topTop