Has Bean In My Mug
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: third wave water

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I've asked them about a "metric" version. Since I think one of the benefits is that you'd assume capsules would be perfectly weighed to the milligram for the given volume and it's not very practical to do this at home, unless you make some concentrate and then then dilute it, which is just additional faff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

I tried them and am aware it's a US Gallon. I am filling it with a RO system that doesn't have a big enough tank to just fill a 5 litre bottle anyway, so I weigh out the water as I go (into a smaller bottle) - I mean I weigh out say a litre at a time and then the final amount and put it all in the big bottle then add a capsule .
    I think it's pretty good, it hasn't changed my life or my coffee enough to make me stick with it once I've finished off the ones that I have.
    Everything my heart could desire (more or less). . .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

If you buy an in line filter for your tap for drinking water, and also bottled water for making coffee, then distilling your own water and remineralising with these capsules offers a cheaper solution for both your drinking water and coffee water. For example volvic works out at 0.02 per 100ml (£2.50 for 9 litres) whereas these capsules work at at 0.01 per 100ml (including shipping for the 5 gallon capsules). If you buy in bulk obviously it becomes cheaper as shipping is spread out.
    Expobar DB Office Leva IV, La Pavoni Professional -- FOR SALE: MBK HEFT, Torr Goldfinger Titan Convex & 58.55 Flat -- Ceado E8, Lido E -- 2 and 5 cup Syphons; Vintage Nicro Metal Filter -- Gene Cafe CBR101 with Dimmer Mod and Bean Mass Probe