Kruve Inc.
Page 115 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115
Results 1,141 to 1,148 of 1148

Thread: Decent espresso

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gtjeffw View Post
    Just thinking out loud, it might be interesting to see if a future version of your product could switch to a fully watertight pathway from water mains on through the machine. I think this would require some sort of tank instead of the water tray, plus additional heating elements and actuated valve(s). That would probably change the machine design a good bit though.
    Yes, that would change the design quite a bit, but it's also hard to implement from a EU compliance standpoint, because any device plumbed in has to make it impossible for dirty water to make its way back into the water mains. The "air gap" approach we currently use provides that needed compliance.

Quote Originally Posted by gtjeffw View Post
    Alternatively, with DE2(PRO) you might consider adding some sort of overflow lip or tube to the water tray that spills into the drip tray, which in turn is modified to have an optional drain line. This could provide additional safety redundancy that is (maybe?) not that expensive to implement.
    This idea, I like quite a bit. An overflow hole on the water tank could spill out into the drip tray dirty-water-out path.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

not been on the forum that much second half of the year, but each time I do, this thread seems to have grown.

If I wanted to get hold of a De1 machine - what is the lead time and cost. Apologies if it has been asked a thousand times before, I went back a few pages but could not see it. thanks
    Gaggia Classic : Vario : Espresso Gear Tamper

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Danm View Post
    not been on the forum that much second half of the year, but each time I do, this thread seems to have grown.

If I wanted to get hold of a De1 machine - what is the lead time and cost. Apologies if it has been asked a thousand times before, I went back a few pages but could not see it. thanks
    I believe right now you can not preorder as the initial batch was sold out. Current list price for the DE1+ seems to be 2199 USD (so 200 USD up from the previous price point).

Correct me if I am wrong!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Danm View Post
    not been on the forum that much second half of the year, but each time I do, this thread seems to have grown. If I wanted to get hold of a De1 machine - what is the lead time and cost. Apologies if it has been asked a thousand times before, I went back a few pages but could not see it. thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreugv View Post
    I believe right now you can not preorder as the initial batch was sold out. Current list price for the DE1+ seems to be 2199 USD (so 200 USD up from the previous price point). Correct me if I am wrong!
    Andre is right -- our first batch of 300 machines is sold out with shipping of those to start in December, and UK models (CE approved) planned for February/March.

Once the first independent reviews go online (December or January, I'd think), we'll start taking orders for our next batch (v1.1) which are scheduled for delivery in April, and we'll be making 1000 units of those machines.

As to prices, they're available here:
    https://decentespresso.com/dem_buy

With the DE1 v1.1 to be going for sale at £1339.

You can click on the options to see prices for other models.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Is £1,339 the confirmed sale price for the DE1 as the webpage shows $1,599 (in the blue box)? If so does this price include shipping and taxes?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jollybean View Post
    Is £1,339 the confirmed sale price for the DE1 as the webpage shows $1,599 (in the blue box)? If so does this price include shipping and taxes?
    The price you see depends on your currency setting which is set by your destination country. You set your currency and destination in the shopping cart page. If the stars align and I was sufficiently caffeinated when I wrote the code, your country and currency was auto-determined from your TCP/IP address.
    https://decentespresso.com/cart

As to taxes and shipping, this is not included in the £1339 price and again is dependent on your destination country. When you add the espresso machine to your cart, and then view "shopping cart" you will be given various delivery service options (UPS, Fedex, etc) and also told the tax & duty cost for your country.

Unfortunately, you can't get that exact "all in" price right now, as our espresso machines cannot be bought at the moment. However, I can estimate for you that for a UK address the shipping + tax for a DE1+ is in the ~£210 range at the moment.
    Last edited by decent_espresso; 1 Day Ago at 08:23.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Thanks for for the speedy reply

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by decent_espresso View Post
    Andre is right -- our first batch of 300 machines is sold out with shipping of those to start in December, and UK models (CE approved) planned for February/March.

Once the first independent reviews go online (December or January, I'd think), we'll start taking orders for our next batch (v1.1) which are scheduled for delivery in April, and we'll be making 1000 units of those machines.

As to prices, they're available here:
    https://decentespresso.com/dem_buy

With the DE1 v1.1 to be going for sale at £1339.

You can click on the options to see prices for other models.
    I have a doubt right now John. For those of us who preordered a Final release version, we are looking at February-March as well?