Dog and Hat
Page 182 of 182 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182
Results 1,811 to 1,815 of 1815

Thread: Decent espresso

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Exciting with machines now being delivered, and the many HW and feature enhancements of the DE1+ as it's design matured for production.
    Also catching up with the realization that the DE1 will be discontinued because developments have meant Decent would no longer be making money at the $999 price point. As someone who paid upfront for the DE1 I am both pleased with getting even more for my money due to all the improvements made to the design, but also somewhat less-than-pleased with the implications of a reduced user base and reduced attention incl. from Decent.

Could you please summarize what the DE1 will do?

My understanding is;
    The DE1 allows some customization of the shot through customizing the target pressure profile, but not e.g. at the level of detail of the DE1+ nor choosing target flow profiles, target temperature profiles nor gravimetric shot completion. It will come with some predefined profiles for different types of espresso that will still produce great espresso and satisfy most. The idea was also to have the community share profile/settings recepies for the DE1, although that will likely be limited now in light of discontinuing the DE1.
    The DE1 will not provide any real-time info. It is my understanding that a good indication of puck prep issues, e.g. too fine grounds and too compressed, is if the peak pressure is too high even in the context of pressure control which will have finite authority. Does that mean that we would have to rely solely on the final taste to diagnose possible bad puck preparation? Or will the DE1 provide some feed-back at the end of the shot, like peak pressure?

To be clear, I am confident us soon-to-be DE1 owners will be getting an outstanding machine/technology regardless, and even more so relative to the price. I just would like clarification on what it will and will not do, as that was becoming a bit lost on me as the attention shifted to the DE1+ for natural reasons. I realize that one has the option to upgrade to the DE1+, but other constraints naturally come into play.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Decent espresso

DE provides an easy to find overview about the different versions

https://decentespresso.com/compare

As the DE1 is being discontinued I would seriously think about an upgrade

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mm1854 View Post
    Could you please summarize what the DE1 will do?

If you'd like, and haven't tried yet, you can play with the software - https://decentespresso.com/downloads .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I upgraded to the DE1+ because, except for bug fixes, there will be no downloadable improvements or upgrades made available for the DE1. Also, I did not feel inclined to wait until the end of this year or later to get my machine. There were also financial considerations but the extra will be well spent, in my opinion anyway. Plus I felt sorry for John

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WTell View Post
    I felt sorry for John
    A bit of that here as well. And wanting DE to succeed, too, because John's transparency and attention to his customers is quite a welcome change, and bodes well for the future. I do hope he'll be able to bring the 1k-ish machine back at some point (maybe it'll be easier without the tablet or something, once the physical control situation is properly sorted)... I'd assume ZPM is a dirty word in these parts, and I don't mean to imply anything with this, but the concept of a disruptive, cheap machine for people just getting into espresso sounds like a great one (especially if it's upgradeable)...