Horsham Coffee Roasters
Page 134 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134
Results 1,331 to 1,332 of 1332

Thread: Decent espresso

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Since you can't make the icon larger I would change the wallpaper so that it has a white circle where the app icon is to increase contrast. Right now it is hard to see with a mostly black icon on a black background.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by decent_espresso View Post
    When I get new beans, I start with my standard profile:
    My opinion is that most of the taste variability between shots is currently due to puck prep, though bean aging is a constant that one needs to adjust to (personally, I do this by slightly increasing the dose by a few tenths of a gram).
    Thanks for your reply! I'd never thought of increasing dose for aging beans. Sounds like it will work well for DE1.

Quote Originally Posted by decent_espresso View Post
    2) your puck will by muddier with too big a basket.
    The muddy puck issue has me wondering if you could implement a special "dry the puck" feature by going full heat to clear the last bit of water with some steam. I don't know if the current DE1 plumbing would even allow that, but maybe a future version you could valve such that steam can be redirected to the grouphead. One issue is that users would need to first remove their cup so the flavor wouldn't be ruined. Also, if the puck gets scorched it could give off some charred smells that mess with taste, but maybe just a few seconds of steam to clear the water before charring.

--
    Jeff