Has Bean In My Mug
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ocean Bells Coffee Company Watford, Herts.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ocean Bells Coffee Company Watford, Herts.

This place opened a couple of days ago so I thought I'd visit after work today being as it's 5 miles from my house. Walking in I was impressed with the fixtures and fittings being of a very high standard (the lighting was impressive). This place is what I'd expect a coffee shop to look like. The shop was a little empty but that's because the locals are still sussing it out but time that will change that. The owners, Husband and Wife team Alex and Isabella were very friendly and was eager to answer any questions I asked them. most if not all the food is sourced from local produce and prepared by Isabella. The beans supplied are from Hasbean/Jailbreak and their espresso was very nice to the pallet. the cappuccino wasn't bad either.
    IMG_6869.jpgIMG_6862.jpgAttachment 3453IMG_6876.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

I like this style of cafe. clean & bright. not over done. nice long counter. great tulip mat in entrance. Any idea why they called it Ocean bells?

Thanks for the review and photos

BZ Mitica | Mignon | Motta | Ashbeck | WeMo | ​Dark beans

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glevum View Post
    Any idea why they called it Ocean bells?
    Apparantly (reading their website) Half the name comes from Isabella and the other half comes from their travelling days liking the ocean.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Funnily enough I was peering through the windows of Ocean Bells tonight (having being dragged kicking and screaming to Watford) and wishing it was still open.

The bright red bags of Jailbreak caught my eye and the Nuova Simonelli machine was gleaming in the background.

Watford High Street is certainly moving up in the world. Who would have thought Carluccio's would make an appearance, and now a decent looking coffeeshop too.

I'll be sure to check this one out soon.

Post Thanks / Like

I love the look of this place & weighing the shots too.
    @garydyke1
    Tasting the rainbow

Post Thanks / Like

Thought I'd give this place a shout out on here, have had to pass through Watford en route to work of late and enjoying myself there. Really like the espresso and the milk work is good too, they come out quite rich so you might want to ask for semi/skimmed milk.

Post Thanks / Like

They use Yeo Valley full cream milk. Perhaps Yeo Valley has more fat content?
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyH View Post
    the milk work is good too, they come out quite rich so you might want to ask for semi/skimmed milk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dwalsh1 View Post
    They use Yeo Valley full cream milk. Perhaps Yeo Valley has more fat content?
    Possibly, first one or two milk drinks I had there were a touch too rich for my tastes... Either I got used to it or it was a one off (slightly overheated milk?) as I have been going in daily for the past month or so (flipping between espresso and milk drinks) and not found it to be an issue.

Won't be going through the area daily any-more, but will certainly be returning. On Wednesday I hit a few central London places and it more than hold's its own against them.
    This was yesterday's latte

2013-10-24-0987 by krazy-olie, on Flickr
    Last edited by CrazyH; 25-10-13 at 01:34.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'll be there sometime tomorrow. Looking forward to my first visit,

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Believe the hype - this place rocks!

As I walked in the door I was greeted personally - the head barista reads Coffee Forums UK

The food selection even at 2pm ish was great. I chose a King Prawn in giraffe bread roll, with my wife going for a Roasted vegetable Foccacia in a garlic sauce, accompanied by 2 flat whites and a slice of coffee and walnut cake.

The owner Alex was behind the machine and turned out 2 lovely flatties.

Water was delivered to our tables in advance of the food, and then all the items ordered were brought out.

There was a great vibe, and everyone was enjoying themselves - staff included

It's hard to believe such a place exists in Watford, which used to be void of anything decent.
    The entire area is undergoing a facelift and I can see myself making another visit soon.

I highly recommend popping in if you are in the area.